From the moment you press Start, the application begins recording your position as it changes (including timestamp, altitude and velocity), the running time, the total distance and if available: heart rate and cadence data. (with TomTom's heart rate monitor, and TomTom's Cadence sensors).
At the end of each activity you can add notes, a picture, or share it with friends on social networks.
Private or public live tracking on the web
Live Tracking is optional and shows your last known location along with timestamp on the Beacn website. This information is sent via HTTPS and only your position is stored on the server.
Unless you make it public, only someone who knows the username / password combination can access your last known location.
You can use this feature to let a close friend or a spouse know your location, for example, in case you go exercise alone.
Accident detection with SMS support
Detect an unusual stop in your activity and send your current location by SMS.
Works by detecting a combination of significant G forces, device attitude changes and absence of further movement. If not canceled, a SMS is sent to the configured number on your Beacn's settings.
All the data is locally stored on your device. Every feature that causes data to be sent is optional and has to be initiated by the user.
And lots of other features!
• Get progress voice cues along your activity
• Challenge friends or the world with Game Center (Biking Beacn PRO Only)
• Syncs with Apple Health
• Syncs with FITBIT® Logging your activities (Biking Beacn PRO Only)
• UP BY JAWBONE™ Integration (Biking Beacn PRO Only)
• Sync between iOS devices, and explore the details of your activities on an iPad
• Apple Watch App with watchOS 2 support for Heart Rate sensor
• Workout plans
• Heart Rate Zones
• Weather information
• Pedometer (Biking Beacn PRO Only)
• Apple Music Playlists
With Beacn Solo, you can get just the live tracking and accident detection features. Even if you don't want to use a fitness app, you can take advantage of Beacn Solo.