Beacn has the hability do detect an unusual stop in your activity and send your current location by SMS. Service highlights:
- Works by detecting a combination of significant G forces, device attitude changes and absence of further location changes that trigger a warning. At this stage you can cancel it by shaking your phone or simply by unlocking it and accessing the Beacn app
- If not canceled, it sends an SMS to a specified number in the settings screen
- All this can take at least 30 seconds from the moment the stop occurred
- WARNING: A WORKING NETWORK CONNECTION, VALID GPS RECEPTION AND CREDITS TO SEND THE SMS NEEDED (available as In App Purchase)
- DISCLAIMER: DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE AS YOUR ONLY PROTECTION AGAINST ACCIDENTS. IT DOES NOT COVER ALL POSSIBLE CAUSES FOR UNEXPECTED STOPS. CERTAIN TYPES OF FALLS, ACCIDENTS OR SUDDEN HEALTH ISSUES MAY NOT BE DETECTED
- BEACN OR ITS DEVELOPER DO NOT CLAIM THAT THE APPLICATION BEACN WILL ALWAYS WORK IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT
- FALSE POSITIVES MAY OCCUR, RESULTING IN SMS CREDIT USAGE
You may also want to check iOS's ability to share you location with Friends and Family. Beacn doesn't replace this feature but tries to augment it by trying to decide if something unusual is worth reporting at it happens. In the unlikely event of falling or requiring assistance because of a sudden medical hillness, response time is crutial.
If possible, always exercise in the company of others and avoid dangerous situations.
As with the rest of the app, this feature has been tested in the field:
Where to get it?
Beacn and its tools do not provide medical advice and do not replace the advice of a medical professional.
Fitbit is a registered trademark and service mark of Fitbit, Inc. Bikcon is designed for use with the Fitbit platform. This product is not put out by Fitbit, and Fitbit does not service or warrant the functionality of this product.