Workout Beacn Beacn - Sports activity GPS tracker for iPhone and iPad
All the data is locally stored on your device by default. Every feature that causes data to be sent is optional and its uses are described here:
- Live Tracking is optional and only your location (Latitude, Longitude) and time are sent to the server via secure sockets layer protocol (SSL) and only the last location is stored. Your e-mail address is not required nor any of your iPhone/iPad related credentials.
- Accident detection is optional and sends the phone number you indicate to Beacn's webserver where it is only available while the SMS is being sent thought a third party SMS gateway. No information is kept.
- Apple Heath (Heathkit) integration is optional and the only shared data points are the start and end date, energy and activity type
- GPX export - User initiated and the resulting file is sent from the user's email app.
- Sync - Sync is optional and allows you to propagate your activity information across iOS devices. If you enable this option, all your activity data will be sent to Beacn.me via https and will remain there for up to 30 days. This data is only available to other iOS devices running the Beacn App and the same Live Tracking username. If you don't intend to use Beacn on other devices, you shouldn't enable this. Activity data includes GPS positions (with date and time), heart rate information and other data collected during each activity. Gender, sex, age or other data supplied in the Settings screen is not propagated.
All the above is optional and not enabled by default.